Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Self-Evaluation




As I watched my presentation on how to throw a football, I tried to evaluate myself as a non-bias observer. When I viewed my video I just wanted to be fair with what I thought of it to give myself a realistic self-review. So to do this I’ll critique my video by its content, visual aid, my delivery, and the general effectiveness of my “how to” speech.

First, with the content of my speech, I think I did a pretty good job. When it comes to throwing footballs, I broke down the steps in order from first to last and repeated my steps numerous times so to demonstrate the importance of each step. I talked about the steps and walked through them and then had an overview at the end of my speech in my conclusion. When it comes to my visual aid, I believe that it could have been better. As I watch, I felt that I was lackadaisical when I demonstrated the throwing portion with Ethan Hemer. Although, I wanted him to show what he had learned, I also believe I could have done a better job as I was working with him. I do, however, believe that I did a good job of delivering my speech. I had good eye contact with the audience at all times, I didn’t rush through steps, and as I watched, I felt that I was pretty enthusiastic about teaching how to throw a football.

As I look back on my “how to” speech and its overall effectiveness, I feel pretty good about it. Obviously, there were some things that I could have worked on to better my speech such as not being so formal with the audience or having a more structured speech, but I still think the way it came off was good. I involved the audience and thought that I kept their attention for my speech. I liked my speech and thought that it ended up being an above average presentation on how to throw a football.

No comments:

Post a Comment