Friday, October 9, 2009

A Salami Sandwich for One

If I were hungry and looking to prepare a meal for myself, I think I would make a salami sandwich. I would make this meal for a couple of different reasons. One, it’s my favorite lunch meal and second, it is super easy to prepare. First, I would start by getting some white bread and salami out from the refrigerator. I would then toast my bread so it could be warm when I put the cold salami on and eat it. Then I would get the toast, put it on a plate, and start by putting pieces of salami on each one of the pieces of toast. When I had the right amount of salami on there, I would sprinkle some Lays chips on to the separate pieces. Finally, I would crush the two pieces of toast together, each one consisting of toast, salami, and potato chips. I would then check to see if I had made a mess or not, in order to make sure that I had cleaned up everything. After I put the bread, salami, and chips away, I would enjoy my sandwich.

Michael Pollan talks about how the American public has forgotten how to eat food for pleasure and instead, just eating and then moving on with their day. However, I can’t speak for the American public; I can only speak for myself. With that being said, I would have to disagree with Pollan’s claims. I savor every time I eat. I love food as bad as that may sound, but it’s true. With my salami sandwich I would definitely try to take in every flavor I can taste and appreciate what I have just made.

I haven’t just accepted low-fat processed food. Instead, I love home-made, fresh food. The “real” food that Michael Pollan talks about earlier in the book is still making up a huge part of the food that I consume. I would have to disagree with his statement then because I am the only evidence that I can go off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment