Thursday, October 8, 2009

Real and Fake Food

One food that I use to eat in its “real” form but tend to eat in its “fake” form these days is fish. I would use to eat real, fresh fish that my parents would cook and make for my brothers and me, but now days, when I am eating fish, I am usually eating fish sticks from a fast food restaurant or from a box. The “fish” that I am now eating is fake, processed, and chemically enhanced.

Compared to real fish, the fake fish that comes in fish sticks that I get at McDonalds or a shopping market is crispy and crunchy. I can make fish sticks in a microwave while to make real fish I would need to grill it. However, some of the qualities are a little alike. The small of fish seems to stay the same for both products. I feel like there is a much more natural smell to a real fish that I would be eating, but in the end, the products hold a similar smell.

I believe this change in eating from the “real” thing to the “fake” thing was mainly because of convenience. When I was younger, I was more dependent on my parents for making my dinner for me. Fish just happened to appear on the menu every once in a while. However, while I got older, I started to fend for myself when it came to dinner. I could get something quick and easy to make from a shopping market, or I just went to a fast food restaurant because it was cheaper and faster. As I get older, I think that I will fade away from eating fast food and therefore, stop eating the “fake” kind of fish. I will grow up and start actually making fresh food, and if this happens, then I will start eating “real” fish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment